Friday, September 19, 2008

Lesson Two: Punch on the Gas!




i had my next sewing lesson tonite. it went really really well- better than i thought. the last time i used a sewing machine i really- truly and honestly- had no idea what i was doing. i can remember sewing with my mom when i was really little, but nothing that would have stuck in my mind. and i've watched people sew on project runway (does that even count??), so i understood the jist of things.

i sewed the inner seam, the outer seam and i finished all the edges. all i have to do is press and pin the waist band and the hem (if i have time) and then next lesson will pretty much be my last... and i'm on my own.

first project. the kidlet jc handmade sent me for winning her giveaway. i might have to see if my mom has her old machine or i can borrow someone else's, but i really want to finish that by myself.

i feel really confident in the fact that i can do this. sewing is actually really simple, it didn't take as much prep work as i thought and i think i can wing a few things here and there. it will be interesting once i start following some of these patterns that others have created. i think that will really test my skill... and making my own patterns. i have an idea for a super cute dress for nugget and i think that if i can find a pattern with the basic shape, then i can manipulate it to work for me.

No comments: